Wild, exotic, mysterious Morocco is a perfect place for an exciting adventure. This list was designed to help you plan your adventure holiday to Morocco.
Morocco is an amazing country waiting to be explored. You have a wide range of activities to choose – from camel treks to hot-air ballooning and skiing. The best thing is that you can do most of these activities without going far from major tourist centers. This way you can have the best of both worlds – exciting adventure one day and sitting on the beach or shopping another day.
Here is a list that will give you some ideas of what you could do:
- adore the landscape of Atlas mountains from air by taking a hot-air balloon flight (Marrakech);
- explore countryside by traveling on horseback or by camel (Marrakech, Meknes, Essaouira);
- explore the Sahara by taking off-road vehicle tour or on camel (seeMorocco Desert Tours);
- cycle touring;
- rock climbing in Atlas Mountains. Jebel Toubkal and Todra Gorge seem to be good enough to attract expert climbers from around the world;
- surfing including windsurfing, kite surfing, and water surfing in Essaouira or Dakhla, Western Sahara (see Water Sports in Essaouira and Water Sports in Dakhla);
- white-water rafting and kayaking in Atlas Mountains or take a kayaking lesson on Bin el Ouidane lake (near Marrakech);
- skiing and snowboarding in Ifrane which is known for its low temperatures and heavy snowfalls (as well as trendy luxury hotels and restaurants). SeeIfrane – the Coolest Place in Morocco;
- exploring Morocco’s National Parks where you could see some rare animals, such as endangered Barbary macaque (Talassemtane National Park, Al Hoceima National Park, Tazekka National Park, Toubkal National Park;)
- fishing in Essaouira, Agadir, or Mohammedia. You could catch a carp as large as 70 pounds in Bin el Ouidane;
- deep-sea fishing in Agadir. Yes, you could fish for shark, tuna, and swordfish!
- playing golf (almost anywhere);
It is a great idea to book tours in advance, but even if you didn’t have a chance to do this you still can get your hotel or guesthouse to organize this for you. If you are planning to take a guide make sure he has a permit issued by the local authority. He should also be wearing a badge. Same applies to drivers and their vehicles. This way you can be sure that your guide possesses the good knowledge of the area.